This BLOG / Web Site belongs to Dora Dominguez-Carey, 2011: "Saldivar Template" by Dora D. Carey, 2011: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005

WELCOME to our BLOG...
Pertinent data regarding the 2013 SALDIVAR REUNION
 to be posted here when available - or for certain on our 
SALDIVAR FACEBOOK page also if available.
Diana Moreno-Reyes is heading up the 2013 reunion. THANKS!
NOTE: You must have a FaceBook account and login to view our group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/422452327787177/
http://www.testvalleybrass.co.uk/

Monday, March 7, 2011

Saldivar News: Mom gets more family visitors!

First, Mom continues to feel great. TTL.
Second, Mom continues to be blessed by visits from her respective family.
Saturday, March 12th, 2011, she had her baby brother, my tio Gabriel (Junior) Martinez and his wife/my tia Micaela, drive down from Liberal, KS to see her. That made Mama so very happy. Tio and tia arrived on Saturday morning and stayed through Sunday morning. Once again it was so much appreciated by Mom and us (my siblings and me - our entire Dominguez family). I arrived en route from Midland on our way to Lubbock Saturday afternoon (with Sara) in time to visit with tio and tia for a few minutes before we headed to Lubbock to see Sara's uncle Rain and his family. It was nice getting to talk to tio Junior. My great-nephew, John, took it upon himself to start the bar-be-que that day which Mom was looking forward to and it sounds like John did a great job. I was proud of him. He did not wait for someone to tell him to clean the grill, he just did it and prepped for the cook-out which was the first one he had ever led all by himself. For his first time doing this, he did a wonderful job so "kudos" to my great-nephew, John, for that. Sara and I left before the food was done, but we benefited from left-overs which Mama and Aurora brought to us during their trip to Midland that following Monday. Tio and tia took Locario back to Liberal with them, BTW. That was very nice of them. One of Lucky's sons drove from Ulysses to Liberal to pick him up. Mom appreciated it as I am sure Lucky's family did, too.
I asked Sara to take pics of us during our brief visit with them on Saturday before we went on ahead to Lubbock and as soon as I upload them, I will post them.

It's all good in Mom's neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment